Posted on 06 November 2018
Location: WWF European Policy Office, Brussels, Belgium
We are looking for a Finance Manager who
is responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of WWF EPO, with a primary focus on general ledger, accounts receivable, accounts payable, financial reporting. S/he will report to the Operations Director.
We are happy to consider part time employment or consultancy contracts. We feel the position will require a minimum of 3 days a week, with heavier workloads at the end of June (end of financial year), and at the end of each quarter.
WWF European Policy Office in Brussels
• Maintain accounting principles and procedures in accordance with all applicable laws, and regulations. Ensure compliance with WWF and other funder guidelines regarding procedures and policies and organisation compliance with laws and regulations;
• Automate and refine existing procedures together with the Director of Operations and IT Manager;
• Refine and update the financial policies and procedures manual.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and semi-annual financial reports, including programme reports, grant reports, and internal financial statements.
• Maintain chart of accounts and general ledger;
• On at least a quarterly basis, review the analytical entries, both by project and grant agreement to ensure that they correspond with donor requirements.
• Support the Director of Operations on developing the preparation and revisions of the organisational, and project budgets;
• Monitor budgeted expenditures and income versus actuals in consultation with the Director of Operations and Heads of Unit/Project Managers.
• Prepare and execute the annual independent audit, project audits and VAT tax returns with the support of the Finance Officer and the Director Operations;
• Work with the Finance Officer and the Director Operations to comply with new accounting requirements.
What you need:
Required skills and experience
Over 5 years working in a Finance and Accounting position preferably in a Belgian based Organisation with international links;
• 3-5 years working in non-profit finance;
• 3-5 years working with fund or grant based accounting;
• A thorough knowledge of, and dexterity with accounting software, notably Winbooks, and Excel;
• A background in software and software development strongly preferred.
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 18 November 2018
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.