Location: WWF European Policy Office in Brussels
- S/he acts as the Brussels-based policy lead for WWF’s Climate and Energy Unit, designing and leading of the EU-wide policy work with a focus on coal phase-out, in close coordination with WWF EU National Organisations;
- S/he acts as Brussels-based liaison officer with relevant EU policy makers, the EU coal platform and other relevant stakeholders promoting positive dialogues and solutions, wherever possible;
- Provides best practice on sustainable and renewable energy, sourcing expertise to the WWF European network, linking to WWF’s Global Climate and Energy Practice work on EU policy in the climate and energy filed with a focus on coal-phase-out work;
- S/he plays a key role in facilitating WWF EPO contribution to the Europe Beyond Coal Campaign, currently focussed on the Just Transition work stream.
What you need:
- Degree or advanced technical qualifications relevant to the field of climate and energy;
- At least 5 years of relevant professional experience in policy, project and /or campaign management, preferably with the NGO sector;
- Ability to interact with high level EU and national policymakers and industry professionals;
- Knowledge of European institutions, lobby and advocacy experience.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Ability to interpret and analyse scientific and technical documents and data and apply it in the context of WWF’s work;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, and an ability to communicate complicated messages authoritatively and clearly to different audiences including through written materials, one-to-one meetings and presentations. Other languages would be an advantage;
- Strong networking and team building skills appropriate for a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment;
- Proven ability to act as organisational spokesperson and interact effectively with government representatives; experience interacting with energy and renewables industry, and media;
- Experience of working on, and understanding the complexities of EU legislation;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: “Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging”
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 19 August 2018
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.