Posted on 10 July 2018
Base location: Hanoi, Vietnam
WWF was one of the first International non-government organizations working in Vietnam. In 1985, WWF began working on a national conservation strategy and since then has worked closely with the Vietnamese Government on a diverse range of environment issues and implemented field activities across the country.
WWF-Vietnam is part of WWF-Greater Mekong which operates in 5 countries: Laos, Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia and Vietnam. Find out more at http://vietnam.panda.org/
We are looking for experienced candidates for the position:
FORESTS PROGRAM COORDINATOR
The Forest Program Coordinator is the technical lead and country focal point for Forest related initiatives in WWF-Vietnam. The role is responsible for strategic direction of the program, identifying and developing funding opportunities, acting as representative on technical issues in relevant fora and overseeing the effective coordination, planning, management, implementation and monitoring of projects and activities related to Forest conservation in the country. He/she is responsible for ensuring cohesion and alignment between WWF-Vietnam and the broader WWF Network within the Forest Practice including the Forest Hub in the GMP Region and the global Forest Practice team. Coordination with other teams in the fields of Wildlife, Sustainable Finance and Markets, which link to forest conservation initiatives, is also required.
Key requirements for the role include:
- Master’s or higher degree in forest conservation related field including natural resource management, environmental or conservation management, bioregional planning, development studies, or other relevant field;
- At least 8 years of experience in project management in an international/national development organisation or similar, of which at least 5 years should be in a related field;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of development and conservation issues and the context of Vietnam and the forest conservation field;
- Experience with strategy and programme development, including successful fundraising;
- Experience of working with Government officials, local communities and donors;
- Strategic thinking skills to ensure the program is relevant, networked and impactful;
- Leadership skills to drive the Forest Program objectives, advocate among peers and partners, support project staff and ensure relevance;
- People management skills including staff management and support, capacity development and coaching, developing teamwork, negotiation skills and conflict resolution;
- Project management skills including project planning, coordination, time management and logistics;
- Financial management skills, including budget preparation and management and oversight of financial administration procedures;
- Networking, coordination, and facilitation skills for both internal and external audiences and partners;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and diplomatic skills with the ability to manage and interact at all levels of an international, multicultural and multilingual organization
How to apply
Detailed Job Descriptions for the positions are posted on http://vietnam.panda.org/en/about_us/jobs/
and as attached.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae in English and scan/photo of diplomas/certificates to email@example.com
, stating the position title in the subject line of the email,
by 25th July 2018
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”