Posted on 05 July 2018
WWF International in Vienna
WWF launched a new strategy that harnesses the strengths of the WWF network in a shared vision, focussing on six major goals - water, wildlife, the ocean, climate and energy, forests, and food – and three key drivers of environmental problems – markets, finance and governance.
In support of this strategy WWF undertook a redesign of its international secretariat that will further unite WWF offices and its near 6,400 staff around the world. This will help WWF to build stronger partnerships across the world with government, business, civil society and individuals. Together, we will deliver on WWF’s ambitious goals.
We are recruiting the role of Project Finance Analyst
for our International Secretariat to help us achieve our new ambitious goals, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
WWF International in Vienna
Between €39,000 - € 42,000 gross per year, based on full-time employment.
Fixed-term contract of two years.
Provides financial support for WWF programmes and projects ensuring that approved policies, procedures and Network Standards are adhered to with the aim to increase operational efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Ensures optimal operational structure of programme/project in collaboration with Programme or Project Manager. This includes optimal flow of funds, budget coordination across donors, financial reporting, and foreign exchange issues. Proactively searches for solutions and continuous improvement of Project Finance service quality.
- Reviews and analyses individual project accounts (both incoming funds and project expenditure) in relation to approved budgets. Prepares project payment requests and ensures payment of invoices. Monitors individual project cash flows and ensures optimal flow of funds.
- Produces and reviews financial reports to management and donors, ensuring that expenditure are according to approved contractual budgets and that donor requirements are met.
- Ensures that the financial donor reports are of good quality.
- Ensures all issued agreements and payments are processed in a timely manner in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ensures consistent application of WWF policies, procedures, and Network Standards in projects and programmes.
- Ensures adequate cost recovery on the portfolio including Project Finance cost.
- Develops and/or drafts contracts for executants and/or consultants and monitors compliance with contractual terms, particularly financial reporting, providing guidance and ensuring timely receipt.
- Monitors and reconciles funding awards and bank accounts as required for projects within the WWF International portfolio.
- Acts as an interface for project staff, program offices, consultants and donors, responding to queries and coordinating with other staff as appropriate.
- Supports team members within the Unit
- Performs other appropriate duties upon request of the Head of Project Finance.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Undergraduate degree in an appropriate subject (business/finance/economics/accounting).
- Minimum four years’ experience within an international organization with complex donor requirements or multinational company.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Developed financial management/accounting skills are essential.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to set priorities, complete work with minimal supervision, and meet deadlines.
- Able to work with multiple demands.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills and adaptive planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Advanced PC skills, particularly knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel software. ORACLE experience would also be a strong asset.
- Excellent communication skills, with fluency (spoken and written) in English. Other languages would be an asset.
- Willingness to conduct international travel and conduct assignments in the field offices.
- Willingness to assist WWF International's fundraising activities in coordination with the Fundraising Department.
- An interest in conservation.
- Adhere to WWF’s brand values which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly.
How to apply?
Upload your covering letter and CV on LinkedIn
as one file. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Deadline for applications:
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.