Posted on 29 June 2018
WWF International in Vienna.
WWF launched a new strategy that harnesses the strengths of the WWF network in a shared vision, focussing on six major goals - water, wildlife, the ocean, climate and energy, forests, and food – and three key drivers of environmental problems – markets, finance and governance.
In support of this strategy WWF undertook a redesign of its international secretariat that will further unite WWF offices and its near 6,400 staff around the world. This will help WWF to build stronger partnerships across the world with government, business, civil society and individuals. Together, we will deliver on WWF’s ambitious goals.
We are recruiting the role of Specialist, Business Finance
for our International Secretariat to help us achieve our new ambitious goals, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
WWF International in Vienna.
Fixed term contract - 2 years.
Provides support for the financial management, planning, and financial overview for WWF Practice core teams, including administering the innovation and capacity gaps funding, and ensuring approved policies, procedures and Network Standards are adhered to with the aim to increase operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in providing financial management, planning and analysis support for Practice core teams.
- Works closely with Senior Specialist Practice Support to manage the contracting process for the Practices.
- Assists in the annual practices budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Controls the accounting for practices in Oracle, entering Purchase Orders into the purchasing module, ensuring all WWF International policies are implemented correctly, and that theaccounting is completed in compliance with Swiss GAAP reporting standards.
- Acts as back-up to the Senior Specialist Practice Support on Practice issues, taking on ad-hoc tasks as and when required within the Business Finance unit.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
How to apply?
- University degree in an appropriate subject (business/finance/economics/accounting) and first experience of accounting and/or financial analysis, ideally in an international environment,covering contracting, reporting, budgeting and forecasting or completed commercial academy (HAK or HLW) with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience of accounting and/or financial analysis;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to set priorities, take initiative, and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed financial accounting/management skills;
- Accurate and precise;
- Advanced Excel knowledge;
- Knowledge of Oracle and Noetix an advantage;
- Excellent spoken and written English. Other languages an advantage, particularly French and German.
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and communication skills with ability to interact constantly in an international and multi-cultural environment. Interest in conservation.
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly.
Upload your covering letter and CV on LinkedIn
as one file. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Deadline for applications:
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.