This position is hosted on behalf of the Europe Beyond Coal Campaign. This campaign pools resources from civil society organisations across 28 countries to realise a coal phase out in Europe, one part of which is focused on leveraging action from financial institutions and electric power utilities.
S/he will report to the EPO Economist and collaborate closely with partner organisations in the Europe Beyond Coal campaign.
Location: WWF European Policy Office in Brussels
- S/he drafts a European utility and finance strategy for the EBC campaign and ensures its delivery. S/he ensures this strategy includes approaches and activities to increase the direct impact of finance campaigning on targeted utilities’ coal decision making – and serves as contact point for organisations that work on financial institutions (commercial banks, investors and insurance companies).
- S/he coordinates coal finance and utility activities within the EBC campaign both internally (e.g. regular calls, ensuring smooth working relations with key partners, etc.) and externally (i.e. being the main contact points with relevant expert organisations).
- S/he facilitates strategic analysis and external output production for targeted Western European utilities, and assists in bridging capacity gaps for this work.
- S/he works closely together with a colleague at Greenpeace Central and Eastern Europe (0.5 FTE) with whom s/he shares the coordination tasks for coal finance and utility work within the Europe Beyond Coal campaign. This person focuses on facilitating strategic analysis and external output production for targeted Eastern European utilities.
What you need:
- Degree or advanced technical qualifications in finance and/or electric power utilities and/or climate and energy issues.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience on financial issues and/or electric power utilities work and/or on energy/climate issues.
Required Skills and Competencies
- A strong track record in stakeholder coordination
- Familiar with non-governmental organisation styles of work and procedures
- Strong strategic and analytical skills
- Capacity to take initiative
- Excellent processing skills in MS-Word, MS-Excel MS-PowerPoint
- A positive manner with team-building skills and the ability to work as part of a team
- Networking experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, with other languages (notably German) an advantage
- Adheres to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?Email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com
Deadline for applications: 15 July 2018
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.