Posted on 13 June 2018
The WWF Adria Office in Zagreb-Croatia is looking for an Accountant, who will report to the WWF Adria F&A Manager, to perform the tasks related to the overall WWF Adria accounting and payroll processes and to support the WWF Adria F&A Manager in the fulfilment of tax/financial reporting duties, treasury management (bank and petty cash transactions) as well as other duties of same professional level in the framework of the WWF Adria administrative processes.
Main functions will include (at minimum)
ACCOUNTING & PAYROLL
FINANCIAL & TAX REPORTING
- day-to-day processing of accounting transactions including payroll and related tax and social charges duties in the Adria General Ledger and accounting books.
- monitoring the compliance of financial transactions with WWF accounting standards and local regulations
- monthly closing of the accounting books and reconciliation with Adria bank accounts.
- maintaining accounting paper flow and archives.
- support on the preparation and submission of financial reports for Croatian statutory and taxes purposes, for WWF Adria donors and for the WWF network internal reporting process.
- support to WWF Adria auditors (both external and WWF internal audit function) providing audit schedules and other relevant accounting documents.
- ensures that all bank accounts are reconciled on monthly basis
- liaises with the banks for the day by day issues related to the WWF Adria current accounts
- assists, when required, to the preparation of the bank transfer orders
- responsible for the petty cash management
- OTHER DUTIES
- maintains the WWF Adria asset inventory records up to date.
- ensures that WWF Adria staff travel procedure is properly implemented
- keeps up-to-date records of working hours and annual vacations for employees in WWF ADRIA.
Required Skills and Competencies
- A University degree in Accounting, Finance, Management, or another relevant field;
- At least 5 years relevant work experience in similar capacity;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Result oriented person with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- A confident and positive attitude with excellent cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Maintains High personal integrity and confidentiality;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, work under pressure and meet deadlines while maintaining work relationships in the face of conflicting demands;
Full-time (40 working hours per week)
Expected gross salary (brutto) 12.800 HRK
How to apply?
Send your Cover Letter and CV via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure you add the following reference in your e‐mail subject line: Accountant
Deadline for applications: 29th June 2018