Posted on 28 May 2018
Location: WWF office in Kinshasa, DRC.
We are looking for a CONSULTANT for the Mid-Term Review of the WWF Forest Governance Programme in the Democratic Republic of Congo who will be responsible to assess the progress of the programme towards the set outcomes and goals in the results framework as well as assessing the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability of the programme. The incumbent will also ultimately provide key information and recommendation to WWF and partners to guide the adaptive management and improve the implementation and performance of the programme.
- Ensure the development and implementation of the programme towards the set outcomes and goals in the results framework;
- Evaluate the relevance of a programme or a project;
- Measure the extent to which an aid activity attains its objectives, according to NORAD’s (Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation) predefinition standardised reporting information;
- Measure efficiently the outputs -- qualitative and quantitative -- in relation to the inputs;
- Study the positive and negative changes produced by a development intervention, directly or indirectly, intended or unintended;
- Evaluate the sustainability of a programme or a project.
What you need:
Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor degree in Natural Resource Management or related field;
- 10 years of proven experience in forest management and rural Development;
- English and French required;
- Computer literate (Microsoft: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Publisher).
- Proven experience in Mid-term reviews and evaluation programmes Knowledge on issues related to governance, forestry, and preferably FSC certification and REDD+ initiative in the Congo basin
- Leadership and team management skills;
- Strong organizational and analytical competencies;
- Proven facilitation and communication (written and oral) skills;
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Please consult the attached Terms of Reference for more information on the position.
How to apply?
Applications including a cover letter and a detailed curriculum vitae should be sent electronically
. Female applicants are encouraged.
Deadline for applications: 25th June 2018.
The subject should read “MTR”.
PLEASE Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce!