Posted on 28 May 2018
Location: Libreville, Republic of Gabon.
Duration of the assignment: 12 months
is looking for a rigorous
and persistent Fundraising Specialist
to mobilize funds from diversified sources (public and private donors, corporates and other relevant investors and stakeholders) ensuring financial viability of the program to support the implementation of the Country Strategic Plan, covering Gabon and the Republic of Congo.
- Develop a two-year fundraising plan
- Research and identify new institutional funding sources to optimize the office income basket;
- Write effective fundraising applications based on existing programmes or in response to calls for proposals from government and institutional donors;
- Attract, build and develop relationships with new and existing donors to secure long term funds;
- Key expected achievements
- Develop a fundraising action plan by end of December 2018;
- Develop, finalise and submit at least 6 fund-raising proposals by June 2019
- Raise a minimum of Euro 2,000,000/ year based on the fundraising plan, from new resources.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Advanced University degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Development studies, Fundraising, Marketing, International Relations, Communication, Social Sciences or other related fields;
- At least three (3) years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in fundraising or business development for an international organization, non-profits or companies, coupled with significant managerial and leadership experience, including management responsibility for a national, regional or global fundraising programme covering multiple private sector audiences.;
- Strong capacities in writing proposals;
- Excellent experience in partnership building, especially with donors and WWF network;
- Strong administrative and financial management skills and excellent organizational skills;
- Good communication skills, in French and English;
- Knowledge of Central African context and of Gabon in particular.
- Excellent inter-personal skills, and proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships;
- Adherence to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to send:
- A cover letter
- A detailed CV with 3 references
All applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
. The subject should read FundSpeGab- 2018
Deadline for applications: 08 June 2018
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.