Posted on 07 May 2018
WWF France , Paris
Program Manager, Mediterranean Marine Initiative (MMI)
As a part of the global network World Wide Fund for nature, the WWF France office (220 000 supporters, 3000 volunteers, 90 employees, €24 million budget) has been working on protecting nature and endangered species for almost 40 years. It has been doing its utmost to involve all stakeholders, from international to local institutions, from businesses to the general public. WWF-France is one of the 8 WWF’s member offices to the Mediterranean Marine Initiative.
The Mediterranean Marine Initiative (MMI) is a concerted, coordinated, transformative effort that brings together 8 WWF’s offices in the region, cooperating under a Program Agreement and a joint conservation strategy. The MMI brings together the collective intelligence, capacity, and experience of WWF in the Mediterranean region to achieve stronger conservation impact through crafting innovative solutions, foster alliances and act as a catalyst for change in ocean conservation. The MMI has a light coordination structure, with a decision making Board formed by CEOs and a Leadership Team formed by a Director, and 2 managers.
: Paris, France
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Leader in coordinating and leading the MMI network to achieve its conservation goals;
- Builds partnerships and leads advocacy in the relevant fora and policy processes in agreement with the Leader;
- Coordinates with, and provides support to, relevant programme directors/managers to ensure that consistent and integrated approaches are developed across WWF offices to deliver on the goals of the MMI;
- Represents in the MMI in network processes, including specific Practices.
Required Qualifications, skills, competencies:
- Supports the Leader in the development and implementation of WWF’s Mediterranean Marine Initiative strategy and specifically supports its monitoring and evaluation;
- Communicates and motivates WWF staff and key offices to align with, contribute to and provide support needed to achieve the MMI goals;
- Builds a wide range of partnerships in all relevant sectors to support conservation delivery;
- Supports fund-raising and specifically the development of regional project proposal, ensure coordination among MMI teams and other WWF network offices;
- Supports team building and development for the wider MMI team, supervises individual team members (if required) and motivates a much wider team of WWF staff who contribute to the MMI goals. Provides feedback, counseling and coaching to staff throughout the Network and with partners as appropriate.
- Ensures monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the MI results; contributes to internal learning and knowledge management by routinely and consistently sharing lessons learned and models of change.
How to apply:
- A university degree in appropriate discipline with preference for international relations, political science, finance, NGO development.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in programme management position, team management and development, with demonstrated success in managing multi-disciplinary teams and multiple donor budgets
- Proven experience in international issues, business engagement, program and policy development, negotiations with internal and external stakeholders
- Preference will be given to those with on-the-ground experience and proven knowledge of the Mediterranean region
- Strategic thinker, communicator and motivator
- Strong negotiating and lobbying skills
- Experience in raising and mobilising funding
- Proven experience of working with different cultures
- Ability to work effectively in a matrix organisation
- French Required. Excellent command of English; other languages will be considered an asset
- Familiarity with WWF network will be considered an advantage
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in ways of working: strive for impact, listen deeply, collaborate openly and innovate fearlessly.
Open-ended contract. Salary based on experience and profile.
To apply send a CV and a motivation letter by June 15 to firstname.lastname@example.org
, please use the reference « Initiative IMM 18 » in the subject of your application. Kindly note work permit restrictions may apply and that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.