Posted on 01 June 2018
WWF International office in Vienna
WWF launched a new strategy that harnesses the strengths of the WWF network in a shared vision, focussing on six major goals - water, wildlife, the ocean, climate and energy, forests, and food – and three key drivers of environmental problems – markets, finance and governance.
In support of this strategy WWF undertook a redesign of its international secretariat that will further unite WWF offices and its near 6,400 staff around the world. This will help WWF to build stronger partnerships across the world with government, business, civil society and individuals. Together, we will deliver on WWF’s ambitious goals.
We are recruiting the role of Generalist HR
for our International Secretariat to help us achieve our new ambitious goals, and build a future where people live in harmony with nature.
WWF International office in Vienna
Manages the employee life cycle (hiring to exit) of all secretariat staff in the hub location. Ensures all WWF International HR policies and procedures are being applied in the hub location. Supports Practice core teams as when required on HR issues.
- Support all hub Secretariat staff in employee life cycle issues (hiring to exit);
- Administer recruitments (advertising to appointing) in the hub and as when requested of Practice core teams in the region;
- Act as a point of contact for employee relations queries and ensures re-direction to the right team member at WWF International HR team;
- Support hub staff in providing induction into the organization;
- Play critical role in ensuring HRIS maintainence and training of hub staff in various modules;
- Ensure all employee information in hubs is regularly provided to WWF International HR team;
- Together with the Human Resources team, coordinates harmonisation across the offices with respect to Health & Safety;
- Serves as liaison on standards, procedures, and policies, including risk management as it relates to health and safety.
- Work closely with C&B Specialist, People Development partner in the region, Regional Head of HR and local HR in providing key services;
- Partcipates actively in Global HR community;
- Support other location staff as required;
- Other tasks as assigned by the Head of HR Services.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
- Commercial diploma or university degree;
- At least 3 years relevant experience in an international environment;
- Experience working in Recruitment and general HR an advantage;
- Strong customer focus;
- Team player and ability to take initiative;
- Diplomacy and ability to deal with a variety of situations and confidential issues;
- Ability to build relationships and foster effective communication;
- Good organizational, administrative, multitasking and prioritization skills;
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing;
- Advanced knowledge of social media tools, online learning tools;
- Strong command of English;
- Interest in conservation and WWF's work;
- Demonstrates WWF behaviours in way of working: Strive for Impact, Listen Deeply, Collaborate Openly, Innovate Fearlessly;
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to apply?
Upload your covering letter and CV on LinkedIn
as one file. We will not accept applications without CV and Covering Letter.
Work permit restrictions may apply.
Salary: min. 43’000 € per year
Deadline for applications: 18th June 2018
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.