WWF-Greater Mekong: Technical Advisor , Landscape Conservation Program
WWF-Greater Mekong is seeking an experienced Technical Advisor for our regional Landscape Conservation Programme. The incumbent will provide strategic guidance and expert interventions to shape and advance WWF-Greater Mekong’s Landscape Conservation Programme, working closely with in-country teams and building and maintaining good working relationships with partners, donors and institutions.
The successful candidate will bring extensive knowledge in landscape conservation, spatial planning, sustainable forestry and aquaculture, and climate change issues, and proven experience in developing project proposals. This position involves periodic travel to all five Greater Mekong Countries: Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam as well as regular interaction and involvement with issues and initiatives of the global WWF network.
Base location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
• Master’s degree in natural resources management, environmental or conservation biology, development studies, or other relevant technical fields
• Expert knowledge in two or more of the following fields: landscape conservation, spatial planning, sustainable production (forestry, agriculture, and/or aquaculture), and climate change issues
• Knowledge of the realities of development partners, donor institutions, government agencies, and the not-for-profit sector in the region is preferred
• 5 years of practical experience as Chief Technical Advisor for a programme or project of the fields related to landscape conservation, 2 years of which should be in the Greater Mekong Region
• Proven experience in developing and writing related project proposals to aid agencies, foundations, corporate sector and other individual donors
• Experience of working in multi-cultural environment and with key regional and international institutions e.g. ADB, ASEAN, and the Mekong River Commission
• Demonstrated communication, management, and leadership skills
How to apply:
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae and available degrees and qualifications in English and stating the position title to email@example.com by 11 December 2013.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.