Timber Trade Officer
WWF-Laos, part of WWF-Greater Mekong’s regional programme, is working to conserve the country’s biodiversity and build a secure and sustainable future for people and wildlife.
WWF-Lao Country Office is seeking to recruit well-qualified and experienced Lao National candidates to fill the positions of Project Officer – Biodiversity base in Pakse and Timber Trade Officer base in Xekong Province.
Timber Trade Officer – CarBi Project (full-time)
Base location: Xekong Province, Lao PDR
The Timber Trade Officer – Carbon sinks and Biodiversity Project leads the on-the-ground implementation of the result area 4 of the project “Mitigation of international leakage through timber tracking and control” in Lao PDR under the technical supervision of the Timber Trade Coordinator, GMP, and in close cooperation with government counterparts, WWF-Laos and WWF Vietnam field project teams. Assistance and support to external consultants carrying out specific tasks within Result Area 4. Building and maintaining relationship with enforcement agencies in Salavan and Xekong provinces, and facilitation of efficient communication between national level PMU and provincial partners.
· Bachelor degree or equivalent in forestry, business administration or international law
· Experience in the area of business or government collaboration between Lao PDR and Vietnam is an asset.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills Lao and Vietnamese is an advantage; working level skills in English language;
· Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision and to stay on task
· Diplomatic and networking skills, and proven capability to work well with government counterparts and private sector.
Detailed Job Descriptions of the positions are posted on www.panda.org and available upon the request. Interested candidates should email a cover letter mentioned position that you apply for with enclose CV in English to: email@example.com
Closing date: November 10th 2013
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
WWF-Laos does not charge or accept a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
WWF-Laos is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce