WWF-Cambodia: Technical Advisor (Law Enforcement)
From its origins as a small group of committed wildlife enthusiasts, WWF has grown into one of the world's largest and most respected independent conservation organizations – supported by 5 million people and active in over 100 countries on five continents.
The Eastern Plains Landscape (EPL) of Cambodia is recognised as a site of global biodiversity importance and is a top priority landscape within the Lower Mekong Dry Forests Ecoregion. Within this context, WWF-Cambodia is looking for a qualified Law Enforcement Technical Advisor who will act as a hands on assistant to a Conservation Area Manager. He/she is the key person to provide field base training and coaching needs for a variety of rangers in differing positions and working contexts, e.g. law enforcement rangers, research rangers, to law enforcement team leaders and section managers, and community forestry rangers. He/she is accountable for designing technical training initiatives for conservation area management and law enforcement. The position is to be based in Mondulkiri Province.
What you need:
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- BSc. in natural resources management, environmental or conservation management, and or a relevant law enforcement technical degree
- At least 3 years of practical experience in advising and or training in conservation and biodiversity protection law enforcement, or related field, preferably 2 years of which should have been in Cambodia
- Knowledge of conservation and law enforcement issues in the Greater Mekong Region, especially in Cambodia
- Understanding of policy and regulations in related fields in Cambodia
- Skills in coaching and capacity building/development, report writing, and analysis
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Khmer language is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office
Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
For detailed job description, please visit the Employment page of http://cambodia.panda.org
How to apply?
Email a cover letter and CV to WWF-Cambodia, #21, Street 322, Sangkat Beng Keng Kang I, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh or via email address: email@example.com with the subject line Law Enforcement Technical Advisor. Please state where you saw this advertisement.
Deadline for applications: 11 November 2013 .
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.