Finance and Administration Manager, Earth Hour Global
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition title: Finance and Administration Manager
Reports to: CEO of Earth Hour Global
Contract Period: One year
Date: September 2013
I. Major Functions:The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for ensuring that the accounting, budget management and internal financial reporting processes run smoothly and efficiently in accordance with agreed timetables and quality standards so that the accounting data and reports are accurate and complete. Manages the invoicing, collection and payments to ensure that there are sufficient funds to cover payments when they are due.
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities:• Manages day-to-day accounting, which includes processing payments, invoicing and ensuring that all entries are coded and recorded accurately on a timely basis in coordination with the outsourcing firm
• Manages liquid assets, ensuring that receivables are promptly invoiced and their collection is monitored regularly
• Ensures that a complete and accurate monthly trial balance and financial reports are prepared on a timely basis
• Coordinates with staff as appropriate to ensure that financial accounts are complete and accurate and to provide financial analyses, funds movement and cash flow reports
• Ensures that adequate internal controls are enforced at all times as per the WWF Financial Operations Manual, and gives recommendations on streamlining processes.
• Monitors and ensures compliance with local charity and statutory regulations
• Ensures consistent application of WWF Network standards in financial operations and projects
• Manages the development of budgets and forecast, statutory and internal audits
• Preparation of incoming and outgoing contracts and monitors compliance with contractual terms for a portfolio of projects
• Preparation of documentation and other administrative tasks to facilitate requirements from the outsourcing firm
• Performs other appropriate duties as required
Required Qualifications• ACCA qualified /Bachelor’s degree
• At least 6 years of financial/accounting experience within an international organization or charity with complex donor requirements is preferred. However, experience within a multinational corporation will also be considered.
Required Skills and Competencies
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills
• Good knowledge of GAAP, IAS, SAS and IFRS
• Proficient with Microsoft Office especially word processing and spreadsheets
• Familiarity and experience in handling and creating office financial and administration procedures, and processes
• Familiarity with implementing internal controls and processes
• Experience in ACCPAC or ORACLE preferred
• Meticulous and detail-oriented
• Honest and mature with good analytical skills
• Communication skills, with spoken and written fluency in English
Internal - with staff members of Earth Hour Global, WWF Singapore and across the WWF International network,
External – with outsourced corporate services company, donors, partners, and auditors
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
Interested applicants are requested to send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com