JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title: Accounts Executive, Singapore
Reports to: Head of Finance and Administration, WWF Singapore
Date: September 2013
Mission of WWF Singapore:To ensure a high performing WWF office with efficient operating systems, professional and skilled staff, and strong financial resources. WWF Singapore’s focus is on delivering corporate responsibility partnerships, individual/ major donor fundraising and community engagement for WWF’s priority conservation activities in Singapore and the rest of WWF’s global network.
Major Function:Responsible for ensuring that the accounting, budget management and internal financial reporting processes run smoothly and efficiently in accordance with agreed timetables and quality standards so that the accounting data and reports are accurate and complete. Manages the invoicing, collection and payments to ensure that there are sufficient funds to cover payments as they become due.
Main responsibilities:• Manages day-to-day accounting, ensuring that all entries are coded and recorded accurately on a timely basis in coordination with the outsourcing firm and that balance sheet accounts are analysed, reconciled and adjusted on a monthly basis
• Manages liquid assets, ensuring that receivables are promptly invoiced and their collection is monitored regularly
• Ensures that a complete and accurate monthly trial balance is delivered on a timely basis.
• Ensures that adequate internal controls are enforced at all times as per the WWF Field Operations Manual and gives recommendations on streamlining processes.
• Assists in preparation of management, donor, regulatory and other ad-hoc reports.
• Provides support for the development of budgets and forecasts for a portfolio of projects.
• Coordinates with programme staff as appropriate to ensure that project accounts are complete and accurate and to provide financial analyses
• Reconciles project balances against donors’ agreement reports, funds movement reports and cash flow reports
• Ensures consistent application of WWF Network standards in operations, projects and programmes
• Assists with statutory and internal audits
• Assists with preparing documentation and other administrative tasks to facilitate requirements from the outsourcing firm
• Performs other appropriate duties upon request by Head of Finance and Administration
What you need:Required Qualifications
• ACCA level 2/CAT/Diploma in accounting
• At least 2 years of financial/accounting experience within an international organization, multinational company or charity with complex donor requirements
Required skills and competencies:
• Good knowledge of GAAP, IAS, SAS and IFRS
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
• Experience in ACCPAC or ORACLE preferred
• Familiar with good internal control practices
• Self-starter with strong organizational skills
• Honest, mature, with good analytical skills
• Team player
• Communication skills, with spoken and written fluency in English
• An interest in conservation
• Adheres to WWF’s values which are: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging
How to apply?Email a cover letter and CV in English to email@example.com with the subject line Accounts Executive.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.