WWF West Africa Marine Ecoregion Office, Communication, Partnership and Fundraising Director
WWF West Africa Marine Ecoregion Office,
Communication, Partnership and Fundraising Director
From its origins as a small group of committed wildlife enthusiasts, WWF has grown into one of the world's largest and most respected independent conservation organizations – supported by 5 million people and active in over 100 countries on the five continents.
We are looking for a qualified:
Communication and Fundraising Director, who will be responsible for:
Promoting marine conservation in West Africa Ecoregion and ensuring that WWF WAMPO and its Country Offices develop and maintain positive and effective partnerships and purposeful relationships relevant to the implementation of WAMPO Strategic Plan and related country strategies,
Developing and implementing a fundraising strategy to convince public finance partners, private donors, foundations and business sector partners to support our conservation work
WWF WAMPO office in Dakar, Senegal
· Develop and implement activities of the communication plan;
· Develop, implement and periodically revise a Fundraising and Partnerships Strategy for WAMPO;
· Identify, research, build, maintain, and optimize effective relationships with fundraising offices inside WWF’s network and with public finance partners, private and corporate donors and foundations in view of mobilizing resources and influencing institutional policies and practice;
· Contribute, in the region and beyond, to raising WWF WAMPO profile;
· Provide support, backstopping and guidance to regional and national staff in communication;
· Contribute to the recruitment and capacity development of regional and national staff with a mission in Communication, fundraising and partnership management;
· Facilitate the exchange and flow of information between WAMPO and the network;
· Raise WAMPO’s profile in the media;
· Contribute to the organization of press trips;
· Contribute in finding solutions to ensure that country and field programs comply with donor agreements, e.g., timely technical and financial reporting to donors, etc.;
· Initiate the development of communication materials;
· Contribute to the design and implementation of innovative and sustainable funding mechanisms for conservation contributing to the implementation of WAMPO Strategic Plan;
· Develops and manages partnerships agreements, as needed.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
The Communication and Fundraising Director must have:
· An advanced university degree (Master, Ph.D or equivalent) in Communication, journalism, international relations, development studies or related fields;
- At least 7 years of professional experience in communication, fundraising, program development and fundraising;
· Excellent oral and written communications skills in English and French;
- Knowledge and experience of the realities of conservation and development issues, donor strategies, funding instruments and contract administration;
· Excellent inter-personal skills, and proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships, negotiate/mediate on issues, chair, resolve conflicts, and develop capacity;
· Strong cross-cultural skills and versatility in dealing with different types of partnerships.
· Good and sound understanding of conservation issues in West Africa
How to apply?
Applications, including a cover letter and CV should be received not later than 20th July 2013, and be addressed to email@example.com and to firstname.lastname@example.org
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.