The project “Fish for Life – Marine Protected Area Management and Fish Processing in Saint- Louis, Senegal” is seeking for a Manager
Duration: July 2013-June 2016
I. Major Functions
Ensure proper technical and financial implementation of the project
II. Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Implementation and management of the project
• Preparation and monitoring and implementation of the annual work plan
• Semestrial and annual reporting
• Timely submission of planning documents, progress reports, products and outputs as required
• Coordination and synergy with other initiatives in the area
• Guide the documentation and dissemination of lessons learned, innovative knowledge, tools, processes and experiences of the project
• Budget monitoring and implementation
• Establishment and monitoring of partnerships
• Organisation of meetings and events in the project
• Implementation and monitoring of field activities
• An advanced degree (minimum MSc) in marine conservation and/or fisheries. Well-established track record (minimum 6 years) in managing donor-funded development projects
• Working knowledge of conservation planning and diverse conservation issues;
Required Skills and Competencies
• Proven leadership and team management skills;
• Strong organisational and analytical skills;
• Adaptable and good at problem solving;
• Strong interest and commitment to nature conservation, sustainable natural resource management, and improved well-being of local people
• Demonstrated track record of cross-cultural and cross-sector mediation
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Fluency in French and English.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organizational needs.
How to apply?
Applications, including a cover letter and CV which should be received not later than 10th June 2013, should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only selected candidates will be contacted.