Coordinator Biodiversity Policy
Main responsibilities:• Facilitate and support WWF network engagement in appropriate institutions and fora to achieve WWF priority conservation outcomes
• Help build the capacity of the WWF network to identify and take advantage of policy, political and business opportunities to demonstrate WWF priorities are of interest to major portfolio areas and high level decision makers
• Particularly focus on links between biodiversity other policy areas such as development, global environmental governance, economic, cross cutting, industry and foreign policy
• Spot major emerging trends and issues deliver appropriate information, strategic analysis, direction and proposed actions in policy areas in terms of the relationship between biodiversity and major government portfolios such as foreign affairs, economic, finance, security, development and environment
• Consult with WWF network colleagues to develop position papers and policies which give coherence, context and one voice to WWF work with appropriate institutions and dialogues
• Find and utilize appropriate intervention points in global and regional policy and political processes to develop and deliver priority messaging and work to achieve political outcomes in these processes
• Develop, lead or support political and advocacy strategies which can deliver outcomes for WWF conservation priorities
• Build strong links internally with appropriate areas of the WWF network and externally with relevant organizations and individual
• Lead WWF network engagement with the Convention on Biological Diversity
• Create, support or manage virtual WWF teams from across programmes to develop common WWF positions on specific issues such as biodiversity – and the private sector, financing, economics, footprint as needed
• Ensure biodiversity issues are identified, addressed or supported in major WWF assessments, communications, campaigns and publications
What you need:Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
• Graduate or post graduate qualifications in relevant disciplines such as biodiversity, political science, international relations, law, communications or equivalent professional experience
• At least five years relevant professional experience including advocacy, intergovernmental processes or political analysis
• Broad understanding of the relationships between biodiversity and geopolitical economic, business, development and industry priorities
• Knowledge of relationship of global policy norms and standards to on the ground implementation
• Ability and enthusiasm to digest information from a variety of electronic, verbal and written sources and produce clear analysis and recommendations for action
• Strategic sense, demonstrable understanding of geopolitics, multilateral, regional and national interests and aspirations
• Internal and external networking and communications skills, ability to lead and inspire, strong diplomatic skills with sensitivity to political issues and to design advocacy strategies and see them through to success
• Ability to work in multicultural environment and to create and facilitate virtual teams and virtual workspaces
• Fluency in written and oral English, other languages an advantage
• Excellent organisation, highly computer literate (including competencies in use of spreadsheets, web and computer team writing tools), accurate, reliable, flexible, creative and a problem solving attitude
• Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
Please consult the attached job description for more information on the position.
How to apply?Email a cover letter and CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Coordinator Biodiversity Policy.
Deadline for applications: April 22nd 2013
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.